- Hit the snooze button!
- Think before you speak!
- Re-read your emails before sending!
- Count to 10 when angry!
- Take a deep breath!
Pause in these situations and you may save the day.
Pause in your presentation and you will make a great impression.
~Pausing is dynamic tool your presentation delivery.~
While watching a trailer for the movie, The Big Short, I notice Ryan Gossling’s character standing at a board room table. He builds a jenga block structure on the table and dramatically knocks it over.
A man across the table asks, “What is that?” He pauses, looks at the man asking, looks at the other men in the room, looks at the blocks splayed out and then answers, “That’s the housing market.”
- Pauses can catch your breath
- Leave you hanging on the edge of your seat
- Adds a rhythm, cadence and dramatic quality to a presentation
- And most importantly………
- Gives your audience a moment to catch up to your words and their meaning.