Founder and Lead Facilitator
Barrie Barton is the founder and lead facilitator of Stand and Deliver, a presentation and communication skills coaching firm for corporate professionals and teams. Stand and Deliver Asheville combines Ms. Barton’s decades of experience as a facilitator, educator, director and performer to uniquely develop the art and skill of dynamic presentations and effective communication for all who participate.
Her teaching style combines her highly developed and insightful perspectives of body language, presentation mastery and adult learning methods with her talent and passion to motivate and encourage her clients to reach their finest potential. As a lifelong educator, Ms. Barton’s finely tuned capacity to organize learning, results in an embodied experience of success and lasting results.
In addition to her groundbreaking Stand and Deliver Asheville series, Barton serves as Artistic Director of Community Choreography Projects. She directed and produced 5 large-scale multi-media productions at the Diana Wortham Theatre. Ms. Barton holds a BA in Dance from the University of California at Santa Barbara and a Masters of Arts Education from Vermont College. She taught for over 22 years in two High Schools as a Dance Educator in the Buncombe County School System.
- Member of Asheville Toastmasters, V.P. of Membership
- Served as Asheville Toastmaster President and Area Governor
- Jewish Business Forum Member
- Presenter at North Carolina Center for the Advancement of Teaching
- NC Department of Education Committee Member to rewrite K-12 Dance Curriculum
- Former Board Member, Jubilee! Community
- Current Board Member, Asheville Movement Collective
- Recipient, Art in the Park Grant
- Recipient, Regional Artist Grant
- Fellow, N.C. Arts Council Fellowship Award
Barrie’s approach is firm and honest, with a dash of humor, empowering you to make meaningful personal connections and challenging you to stand up and deliver in a more powerful and confident way.
[logo-showcase id=”1068″ title=”As Seen In”]